Electric

 

Detroit Lakes Public Utilities was established in 1903 as a city-owned Electric Utility and presently provides service to approximately 5, 500 customers in and surrounding the City of Detroit Lakes.

Approximately 38% of the utility’s power supply is from hydroelectric purchased from Western Area Power Administration, which is a Federal Power Marketing Administration. The remaining 62% is purchased from Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) of which Detroit Lakes is a member.

Missouri River Energy Services, headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD, is a Joint Power Agency consisting of city-owned electric utilities in the states of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Iowa who have joined together to provide economics in acquiring and providing services to its members. Power supply is one of those services which Detroit Lakes, along with 51 other members, receives from Missouri River Energy Services.

Rules & Regulations
Gopher State One Call
Residential

Commercial & Industrial

Residential Rebates and Programs

Commercial Rebates and Programs

Scholarship Opportunity

 

share save 171 16 Electric